The 27th Annual meeting of Society for Risk Analysis Europe (SRA-E) will be held in Östersund, Sweden, 18-20 June 2018. The theme of this conference is "Risk & Uncertainty – From Critical Thinking to Practical Impact".
This special theme reflects the current need to persist the phenomenon of knowledge resistance and alternative facts, as well as to develop applied research for risk analysis in open and democratic contexts.
SRA-E provides a platform for academics, national and local policy makers and businesses to discuss the ‘state of the art’ and future directions in the study of risk analysis, to understand concerns about risk from both public and scientific perspectives, to develop effective risk communication and to promote efficient risk mitigation.
This conference is an opportunity for academics and practitioners to come together to discuss issues, problems, goals, solutions and future research questions.
Core Risk Topics for the 2018 conference:
- Risk communication in ’post-fact’ times
- Practical impact of risk perception research
- Risk and Inequality
- Risk and decision analysis in critical infrastructure
- Theoretical advancements in risk studies
- Risk in everyday life
- Methods and methodologies in risk research
- The new landscape of social media and risk
- Collaborative governance and networked practice
- Experimental design and integration of labs in research and education
- The unrecognized risk and crisis management
- Uncertainty in governance of migration and integration policy
- Risk management education and practice