The third SRA-E Nordic Chapter Risk Conference "Risk and Security" was held November 2-3, 2017 at Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland.
The theme of the conference “Risk and Security” highlighted the role risk plays in relation to security. Security concerns and related risk issues are today in the heart of organizations, governments and international institutions. There are however, no simple ways to deal with these concerns and issues and conventional risk assessment methods are challenged by the need for new concepts and tools to properly handle security risks.
For more information, please see the conference webpage at https://blogs.aalto.fi/risk2017/ and also some information below:
- Registration On-Site – You can register and pick up your name badge at Aalto Design Factory on Wed Nov 1 at 18-20 and on Thu Nov 2 from 8.00-17.00, Fri Nov 3 at 8.30-16.
- Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT sponsors RISK2017. HIIT is a joint research institute of Aalto University and the University of Helsinki for basic and applied research on information technology.
- Theon-line registration is open until Wednesday Nov 1 – sign up HERE
- Submission deadline for abstracts extended to September 25
- Pre-conference Workshops on November 1 are now launched!
- RISK2017 delegates are welcome to the conference dinner on Thursday 2 Nov sponsored by Sectra Communications AB at the elegant seaside Restaurant Löyly
- Welcome to the Get-together Reception at Aalto Design Factory on Wednesday November 1, 18.15 – 20.00.
- Distinguished Keynotes confirmed: Terje Aven, Mark Burgman, Sissel Haugdal, Margaret MacDonell, Ahti Salo
- Panel discussion on Risk and Security/Safety (2nd of November)
5-6 Panellists from different sectors (the names will be announced soon): panellists are experts in the cybersecurity, terrorism, food and safety etc. Chair: Ragnar Löfstedt, Professor of Risk Management at Kings College, London
- The registration is now open – Early Bird prices up until October 18!
- Abstract submission dead line is prolonged, the new dead line is 25th of September 2017.
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts 30th of September 2017