Welcome to The Hague!
The 2007 conference of SRA-Europe has taken place in The Hague, the Netherlands. The conference theme was “Building bridges: issues for future risk research”. The conference aimed to facilitate interaction among all players in the risk field: risk experts from all disciplines, and risk stakeholders as policy makers, the private sector, NGOs and other interest groups.
The conference took a comprehensive view of risk analysis. It addressed existing and emerging risk issues which affect people in their environment. The progress made in two decades of SRA-Europe meetings was evaluated and research focal points for the coming years were identified.
Focal points were:
• Risk identification, quantification and mitigation
• Consequences, vulnerability and victim support
• Public perception & communication
• Financial and economic consequences
• Risk management through policy making and legislation
• Communication within and between organisations