The 26th Annual meeting of Society for Risk Analysis Europe (SRA-E) will be held in Lisbon, Portugal,19-21 June 2017. The theme of this conference is: New challenges, new threats: Resilience and adaptation in a risky world".
Audience: Academics, policy makers and practitioners interested in Risk in research, policy and practice. Members of the SRA-E, SRA International and other regional SRA organizations.
SRA-E provides a platform to discuss the ‘state of the art’ and future directions in the study of risk analysis, to understand concerns about risk from both public and scientific perspectives, to develop effective risk communication and to promote efficient risk mitigation.
This conference is therefore an opportunity for academics, policy makers and practitioners to come together to discuss issues, problems, goals, solutions and future research questions.
Core Risk Topics for the 2017 conference
The conference will be focused on the general topic “From risk to resilience”. Specific topics include:
- New methods, new tools, new data in risk and resilience research
- Multi-actor approaches in risk analysis, management and governance
- Risk and resilience in extreme and major events
- Global health, global threats: Risk and resilience beyond borders
- Evidence-based risk governance, policy and regulation
- Financial risks and decision making
- Uncertainty, resilience and climate change policies
- Insights from citizen science to risk research
- Risk and uncertainty communication
- Ethical and moral dimensions of risk
- Human factors, organizational and occupational safety
- Cyber security and terrorism
- Resilience, decision-making and uncertainty
- Coastal and maritime risks